The eight Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) form a blueprint agreed to by all the world’s countries and all the world’s leading development institutions. They have galvanized unprecedented efforts to meet the needs of the world’s poorest by 2015.
- Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger.
- Achieve universal primary educations.
- Promote gender equality and empower women.
- Reduce child mortality.
- Improve maternal health.
- Combat HIV/AIDS, Malaria and other diseases.
- Ensure environmental sustainability.
- Develop a global partnership for development
Read more about these Millennium Development Goals on the UN website.